Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What a difference a month makes!

I can't believe it's been an entire month since I updated my blog! So many wonderful things have been happening. :)

On February 5 my dream of breeding Arabian horses was realized when we brought home our new stallion, Dahkilah! He is a son of Gazal Al Shaqab and is out of Uptown Fame (x Fame VF) He is standing at stud at Five Wells Farms in Andalusia, Alabama to approved outside mares. We're planning to start him under saddle in the next few weeks and I can't WAIT to see how he does!


It's taken a little bit of juggling, but I try to spend as much time at the barn as I can. No matter how stressed out I am, spending time with Dahkilah instantly brightens my mood. I LOVE this boy!



Less than a week after Dahkilah came home, I was offered a full time job working in the insurance industry. I've been studying like crazy for my state insurance exam and I'm proud to say that I passed last Friday! WooHoo! :) My sweet hubby took me to Sandestin to celebrate. We did our fair share of damage at the Silver Sands! On the way home, we stopped in Niceville to see Brett's mom and step-father (and the puppies!) and had dinner at The Boathouse.



The weather has been absolutely gorgeous the past couple weeks. I can't wait until it's time to launch our boat for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment