Monday, September 12, 2011

The Simple Life

We had a quiet, almost boring weekend at home and I was SO grateful for it!

We went to a local BBQ place for our Friday night date. They have the best sliced turkey sandwich in the universe. Seriously. SO good! After dinner we drove around looking at a couple houses that are for sale. We're really thinking about moving closer to town so Brett's commute won't be so long.

{One of the houses we're looking at}

Saturday was a lazy day. I don't think we left the house until lunch time! Brett actually went shopping with me {he hates Walmart!} and it was so nice to have an extra pair of hands to help. We spent most of the afternoon hanging out around the house and then Brett made jambalaya for dinner. He doesn't cook often, but when he does, it is seriously good. I brought leftovers to work for lunch today!

 {Reese decided to take up my side of the bed Saturday night!}

Sunday was my housework catch-up day. Our bedroom and the office had gotten a little out of hand! I made The Pioneer Woman's chicken and dumplings for Sunday dinner with my parents and it was delicious. I was a little skeptical since it wasn't a traditional style chicken and dumplings, but I will definitely be making this again. Yummy!

I'm taking my life insurance test this Friday and I'm a little nervous about it. Everyone says that this test is MUCH harder than the one I took in February and I've never been good with timed tests. I'm praying that I manage to pass it!

No comments:

Post a Comment