Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving in Aiken {Part 1 via iPhone photos}

Brett and I went to Aiken, South Carolina for Thanksgiving. Let me just go ahead and say that I L.O.V.E. Aiken so fiercely! It's once of my favorite places on Earth. Love it, love it, love it! Now that that's out of the way... :)

I got off work at lunch time on Wednesday so I had time to go home and throw together a quick sweet potato casserole and Crispix mix before Brett got home. We managed to leave {almost!} on time and I was excited about getting up there before midnight for a change. Not 20 minutes after getting onto I-65 traffic was completely stopped. Somebody decided to pull their 40"+ motorhome off the side of the road with a steep embankment and it flipped and rolled into the woods. We sat there for about 2 hours before traffic finally started moving. By that time I was super sleepy so Brett and I switched places and he drove the rest of the way. We ended up getting to our hotel around 2:00 Aiken time.

We woke up bright and early Thursday morning and drove over to Brett's grandmother's house to start cooking. Brett's sister did the bulk of the cooking so we hung out and goofed around for most of the day. Dinner was wonderful and there was SO much food. We had turkey, cornbread dressing, G-ma's sausage stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, rolls, fruit salad, red velvet cake, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie. Phew! I think I got it all! LOL

After dinner, Brett's older brother and Dad hung out in the living room and played guitar. I never knew that Jim could play! :)


Friday we were up early again to go shopping in downtown Aiken. Again I say, I LOVE this town! There were some new shops that I hadn't been in before so I just had to check them out. I loved The Curiosity Shop and Plum Pudding. Nandina had a set of plaid chairs that I just HAD to have, but unfortunately for me {fortunately for hubby!}, they wouldn't fit in my Altima. Oh well!

Brett and I spent the latter part of Saturday morning/early afternoon at Redcliffe Plantation. We had to leave before they opened the house for tours, but we spent almost 2 hours walking around the grounds and taking pictures. I can't wait to see how the ones on my camera turned out!


We spent Saturday afternoon at Brett's sister's new house in North Augusta. Marlene and I hung out in the den watching the Iron Bowl. I hate that Auburn lost, but maybe next year will be better for us. I'm still proud of our boys. WAR EAGLE!

Tomorrow is mine and Brett's 5th wedding anniversary. I'm curious to see what he has up his sleeve...

No comments:

Post a Comment