Monday, March 4, 2013

What we've been up to!

Once again I've done a poor job of keeping my blog updated. I had completely forgotten about it until I was reminded yesterday! Here's a quick recap of what's happened since Christmas.

January was a BUSY month around our house. We started the year off by taking the Camaro to the Hangover Nationals in Montgomery. Brett, Dad, and I had a great time hanging out with everyone again. I'm hoping we'll actually go to the track more than once this year.





The following week we actually saw a couple snow flurries in town! I was hoping it would snow for real and everything would shut down for a few days! No such luck, though. I think we got a grand total of 20 snow flurries before it stopped!


The end of the month brought 2 new additions. One at home and one at the barn. :)



February was a little less exciting. I started working out with a new personal trainer (who is amazing!) and I've lost 6 lbs and a couple inches. I'm pretty excited about that. We've also started taking our Boxer, Gomer, on quite a few adventures with us. He's turned out to be an awesome traveling buddy!



I finally turned in my United Daughters of the Confederacy application and heard back that it was approved on the state level! I should be getting my certificate in the mail in the next few weeks. I joined under the service of my great-great-grandfather, Jacob Perry Merrill. He enlisted with the Alabama 37th Regiment of Volunteer Infantry on March 24, 1862 in Leon, Alabama. He was captured three times during the Civil War (once at Iuka, once at Vicksburg, and once at Missionary Ridge) and was held as a POW at Rock Island Prison in Illinois. He was released as part of a prisoner exchange on March 20, 1865. He lived for another 10 years after the war and died at the age of 36.

March is looking like another busy month for us. Hopefully I'll do a better job of blogging about it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment