Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Foaling Season

For those of you who follow me on Twitter, you've probably seen my tweets from the barn the past couple days nights. The second baby of the year is getting close to making his/her appearance and we'll be on-hand in case Momma needs a hand. This baby is going to be huge and we don't want her to run into complications during delivery. I was at the barn from 8:45 - 3:30 Sunday night/Monday morning (minus an hour to bring Brett back home), all day yesterday, and from 8:00 - 1:30 last night. I was so tired from the night before and Momma was showing no signs of having that baby. UGH!



For the duration of foaling season I will be keeping a blanket, pillow, gloves, and jacket in my car at all times. I'm just extremely grateful that we have heaters in the barn apartment or else I would FREEZE!

No comments:

Post a Comment