Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snowed In

Brett and I came up to north Alabama on Thursday for "Dr. Dad" to check him out and try to find out why his sinus infection wasn't going away. I'm happy to report that the THIRD!!! antibiotic finally did the trick and he's almost back to normal. We had planned to drive home this afternoon, but Mother Nature had other plans.

We're in the EXTREME northeast section of Alabama and home is on the opposite end of the state. It's pretty obvious why we're not on the road right now, huh?! We're supposed to end up with 8" or so of snow before it's over with! I can't wait to take tons of pictures tomorrow morning. I'd love to drive up Sand Mountain in the morning, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the roads are going to be closed. :)

I'm excited about the chance to play in the snow, but another mare is getting ready to foal at home and it's going to be my luck that the baby will decide to come while we're up here! She started showing some early signs on Friday so she could go at anytime. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll wait until I'm home first, though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment